A Basline for Zero Trust JDE
This is my second post in a series of Zero Trust. I will be releasing a reference design for SAP and EBS as well in the near future.
Zero Trust and the ERP
ERP systems, such as JD Edwards, are a perfect candidate for the protections of a Zero Trust design. They can be challenging systems to patch with windows for completing that function often having long durations between development, quality assurance, and production environments. ERP systems can never be offline, and they need to be accessible everywhere 24x365. ERP systems function as the figurative brain of the organization and need to be protected.
Cloud-based Syntax Zero Trust Network Access (ZTNA) solutions can be especially beneficial for organizations that have a distributed workforce or that need to access JD Edwards (JDE) from multiple locations. These solutions offer secure access to JDE from any device, anywhere, without the need for VPNs, making it easier for users to access JDE from remote locations. Eliminations of these VPNs offer cost saving opportunities as well as streamlined access management. In summary, using Syntax ZTNA solutions in a cloud environment can provide an additional layer of security for JDE, helping to reduce the risk of unauthorized access or data breaches and ensuring that only trusted users and devices are allowed access.
Explaining the Syntax JDE Zero Trust Baseline
So, what can you expect? Our Syntax framework outlines industry-standard controls across multiple ERPs, leveraging:
- User based multi-factor validation and recorded network access for every session, and every role through Syntax Zero Trust Access
- In-transit inspection and protection of JDE and associated protocols
- Supply chain protection via recorded supporter sessions and enforcement of non-repudiation
- Application based monitoring using Syntax EnterpriseCare© to identify and stop dangerous transactions
- “In-application” monitoring using Syntax FraudID to identify and stop insider-threats
- Data protection in the database using JDE Encrypto to protect from exfiltration
- Continuous inspection of all platform code and system code for integrity checking
Syntax & Cloudflare Partner for Zero Trust
Implementing ZTNA for JDE customers dramatically decreases risk by decreasing exposure and increasing visibility of access events. Using ZTNA can decrease reliance on expensive MPLS and VPN connections while increasing responsiveness when powered by world class providers. These benefits have powerful impacts for JDE customers through increasing security, increasing performance, and decreasing costs. Directing system access through ZTNA is a winning strategy for IT leaders in 2023!
Syntax, a multi-cloud multi-ERP leader, has partnered with Cloudflare, which has one of the world’s most powerful networks, to create a Zero Trust ERP specific solution for business. Syntax ZTNA solutions for JDE are available for North American clients. Click here to speak to a security expert at Syntax.
As seen on Syntax.com
Recognized by Cloudflare
I’m exicted to post this retweet by the Cloudflare CEO, Matthew Prince!